Sunday, July 2, 2023

 HAPPY 4TH OF JULY WEEK!  


I love the 4th of July, maybe because it means that summer is really here. It has always been a favorite time and always helps me remember how blessed we are to live in this country.  Despite it's flaws, we are free to go to the church of our choice, we are free to vote for the leaders of our country, and we live in a land of prosperity with many comforts.  This year we have decided to break with tradition and will not be attending the Monument 4th of July parade, but I have such fond memories of the times that we did, I wanted to share ~






And then there was Blythe trying to sell butterfly wings ...  😂



What great fun and such wonderful memories!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ANGELLA AND CHRIS!

They share June 26th as their birthdate so we were happy to celebrate them this past week.  I can't imagine our family without them 💚

At Santa's Workshop
The Zoo

Holly's Baptism
Thank you Angella, for always offering to lend a hand!  You are always so supportive, honest, and thinking of others.  AND, you have taught your children to be the same.

We love you and are so thankful for your example.


In London
Thank you Chris, for making us laugh, for being such a wonderful father, and humble follower of the Savior.  We appreciate all that you do for our family, and as Kim says, "you're a keeper!"





Always ready for a party

Sorry Chris, I just couldn't help it 😁



















Remember last week? Remember when I said I loved kids with blue tongues . . . .  This is what and Airhead Blue Raspberry Freeze from Taco Bell will do  😊

Holly came over Wednesday morning and spent the night with us.  She was patient while I did my Math homework, and helped with some things around the house, and with Ji-Chan working on his old bike.  We made it to the dollar store, made some banana bread, and obviously, we made it to Taco Bell.  Thanks, Holly, for always being so cheerful and willing to help me!







I'm sure by now, everyone has heard Kim and I mention, either in complaint or frustration about the Math class we are taking this term.  Well, the end is in sight - only 3 more weeks!  We are going to make it, we are going to pass this class and keep on going.  I honestly can say, that I enjoy the challenge of Math, I think it has just been difficult to have it as an online class, where you aren't able to ask questions and get immediate feedback.  Thank you Cory, for your offers to help us!  I think I see a pre-test zoom class in our future.


Lastly, I wanted to thank Adam, Paul, and Jake for helping us with the flooring in our bedroom and bathroom.  They did a great job.  We have some things left that we want to get done in the bathroom but we're getting there.











I hope you all have a wonderful week!  Enjoy the 4th, and time with your families.  Think of someone who you could give service to. (We have three new neighbors so they are getting cookies) Say your prayers and read your scriptures - it works!  




No comments: