Sunday, August 6, 2023

 Wow! How can it be four weeks since I have posted on the blog?  How can Summer already be coming to an end?  The weeks and months have passed by so quickly this Summer probably because we have been so busy with family get-togethers, traveling, and fun activities. 

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my baby girl, KATE!  Hope you have a wonderful day ~                                             







I absolutely love that we have Eilis, Hollie, Ben, Emma, Sammi, Paul, Lily, and Jake living close by.  It is such a blessing to see them often, and it was a special treat this summer to also have Kim, Chris, Blythe, Kate, Jonathan, and Sayre come to Colorado for a visit.

We made it to the Mall (more than once), the Lululemon store, Paper Source, the Fjallraven store, Target, Baskin Robbins (twice), Mod Pizza, Taylor Swift Concert, Claires, H&M, Jellystone, the Pet Store, and spent a lot of time sitting around in the backyard (which was my favorite place).


Performing is in her blood - Blythe on public transportation enroute to the Taylor Swift concert in Denver (recorded by Samantha). 😁      




Taught while in their youth . . .  Remember when Kim used to always have some kind of microphone in her hand?  😁



On the way to see Taylor

On their way to becoming royalty

Baskin-Robbins is always a temptation

















Ben LOVES trains!  While the girls were shopping one day, Kim and I squeezed (literally) ourselves into the red car with Ben and took a ride around the Mall.  My funny story is that when Sayre came we took him to the Mall so he could ride the train with Ben also.  Again, I told Hollie and Eilis to have fun shopping, I would take care of the boys.  We were the only people on the train, and as the train started to move Ben and Sayre decided to lay down.  So here I am, riding around the Mall on the train, and no one can see that I have two grandchildren with me - I'm sure anyone who saw me thought "that poor Grandma, she doesn't have anything better to do that ride the train around the Mall by herself". 😁





taught the boys about "Gold Medal Ribbon"!



YUM!

























Also, these two cute boys spent hours playing in the rocks, and dirt.  According to Sayre they were pipe conservationists and lots of water was needed for the job!










Summer Camping ~    



Hollie, Blythe, Sammi, and Lily all went to Girl's camp this summer, and Paul had soccer camp, Deacon's Camp, and Aaron's Camp.

Word has it that Blythe got busted for sneaking in a cell phone 😄



Adam and Cory also got to get away for a camping trip to South Fork with Lily and Jake.  You all know I am not much of a camper, but this does look like fun.  

Lily got to go horseback riding

Milo got so tired he had to rest in the river






Other favorite Summer photos that make me smile 😃

Paul and Blythe 

I love that Lily loved the horses


Ben told his Mom he didn't want to hear her anymore

Got to love Gracie 🐶





















And a couple of fun video's  - 

Jake helping his dad put out a campfire, but needing to keep the smoke from his eyes        





Another exercise video from Sayre   

I'm sure you are wondering who this older couple is - I don't really know - I don't know their names, but I'm sure they have a wonderful story. (Oops, that sounds like the Story Trek) They just came up and  began talking to us while waiting for the train to start up.  They loved the boys and were so cute with them.  The gentleman had a very difficult time walking, so his wife stayed by his side and they just walked very slowly. Later, we saw them trying to decide what kind of ice cream to buy at Baskin-Robbins.  
I used this photo in a Young Woman's lesson I taught last week.  Isn't this what we should all hope for in marriage?  Every step along the way we learn more about ourselves, our spouses, and what it takes to get through the challenges.  I am really excited about my class this term, Marital Dynamics.  I love that in all of my classes, an aspect of the Gospel is always addressed.  It is going to keep me busy but I am looking forward to it, and sharing with you all the things I learn.  

                                 I love my 
                                                              
However late you think you are, however many chances you think you have missed, however many mistakes you feel you have made or talents you think you don’t have, or however far from home and family and God you feel you have traveled, I testify that you have not traveled beyond the reach of divine love. It is not possible for you to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ’s Atonement shines.”
Jeffrey R. Holland

No comments: