Sunday, March 3, 2024


 My favorite photo of the week is from Sayre - today in Primary he drew a picture of a temple with the Angel Moroni prominently displayed on the top.  Great job Sayre!!!  


Nothing makes me smile more than artwork done by my grandchildren  


Can you believe it is already March???  February just seemed to slip by me - not that I'm sad - I am loving that most of our days are getting warmer.  

What does March have in store for us?  Birthday celebrations for Grant, Kim, and Ben, Daylight Savings time starts (yay), St Patrick's day, first day of Spring, Spring Break, Easter, oh, and only 6 more weeks until the end of this school term for Kim and I. This is how I feel about that  👇

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

SUNDAY SELFIES ~

What a great response - thanks so much for sharing 💖

Jonathan, Kate, and Sayre


Emma and her friend Jordin in Denver


Adam and Lily in Church


Holly and Amos

Blythe, Kim, and Chris

Paul and the Soccer team in Las Vegas


Max and friends at the St George Temple

Max and roommates in St. George for the weekend


Next week I need to see the smiling faces of Spencer, Grant, Eilis, Ben, Samantha, and Jake 😊

Dad and I were able to go to the Temple on Friday so this is our "Friday Selfie(the wind was styling my hair for me and it looks like the Temple is blowing over) 😁. We had a really nice day, and stopped at Cafe Rio on the way home for lunch - YUM.


This week, I have been reading a book that Ruthie sent me for Christmas called, Prophets See Around Corners, by Sherri Dew.  Today I read a short section where she told a story of President Kimball that I had never heard before and I thought I would share just a bit - 

In 1983, Elder LeGrand Richards passed away leaving a vacancy in the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.  At the time, President Kimball was in poor health and she described his memory as being "spotty". with trouble communicating.  Due to these circumstances, the vacancy in the Twelve was not filled in eiter the April or the October 1983 general conferrences.  In January of 1984, Elder Mark E Peterson died, creating a second vacancy in the Quorum of Twelve.  President Kimball's health had deteriorated and he was in no condition to extend apostolic calls.  

President Hinckley, who was the only healthy member of the First Presidency had left instructions with President Kimball's caregivers to call him immediately, regardless of the time, if President Kimball's mind ever cleared.  Three months later, just before April 1984 general conference, President Hinckley receive a phone call at 2:30 am saying that President Kimball was alert.  President Hinckley left in those early morning hours to meet with President Kimball.  They discussed the vacancies in the Twelve and President Kimball simply said, "call Nelson and Oaks, in that order".

I love this story, and of course, the significance to us is that President Nelson, a world renowned doctor, 36 years later, was the Prophet and President of the Church when the pandemic hit. Did the Lord call a man to the Quorum of Twelve at exactly the right time and advance him through the Twelve so that he was the senior Apostle when a worldwide pandemic affected everything in the Church from Sunday meetings to missionary work?  Elder Bednar has said that "in the work of the Lord, there is no such thing as a coincidence."

I love President Nelson, and before we know it April Conference will be here.  Praying that Iowa City will get a Temple!  

Hope you all have a wonderful week, and know how much you are loved, and how often you are prayed for. 💗


No comments: