Sunday, May 5, 2024

This is how I feel about Sundays.  I love going to Church.  I love our Ward, and the many friends we have.  I love my Primary Class and that we get to teach the little ones about the Book of Mormon this year.  We had Stake Conference today and we have a wonderful Stake Presidency and a great Bishopric.  The sister I go ministering with has an amazing testimony, probably because she has weathered some serious challenges in her life but has remained so faithful.  I feel blessed that all of these people are a part of my life and are such great examples of kindness and charity. (Even my Primary kids)


Tonight we finally got to sing Happy Birthday to Hollie - she has been home with strep this week, so we were so glad she was feeling better today.  She actually volunteered to fix dinner for us tonight so they came a little early and she went right to work.  The end result was a delicious white chicken chili (of course it was delicious, it had cream cheese in it).  Thanks Hollie, you can come cook for me anytime!  


This little guy does not slow down for much of anything!  Jake didn't have school on Thursday so Adam dropped him off in the morning.  After a couple of pieces of cinnamon toast, he was raring to go.  We walked Sendai 1.5 miles, came home and worked out in the backyard, pulling weeds, hauling lumber, and moving bricks.  Then he was ready to go to Subway for lunch where he almost finished his footlong sandwich.  After lunch, we went to Lowes and bought flowers.  He picked out two Lilies (because those were Brama's favorites) and he told me if they died they would come back the next year. He also picked out some yellow daisies, and petunias in a variety of colors.  When we got home he wanted to plant them, so he helped me dig holes and we planted the flowers which he then had a great time watering.  It didn't take much to talk him into bed that night.  We usually read a story from the Yertle the Turtle book if he spends the night, but he was too tired to read and asked me to read it to him.  

Cory said Jake also scored four goals in his soccer game on Saturday!  Why am I not surprised???

AND SPEAKING OF TURTLES . . . Paul wins the award for funniest story this week.  He and Adam were on their way to Paul's soccer game and they passed a sign that said Tuttle Family Dentistry.  So, then Paul turns to Adam and asks, "Why would someone take their turtle to the dentist?" 😂😂😂

DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR???  😁  I don't think Adam will ever live down the "dogs in the BX" story so I think Paul's in good company.

TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY - Kim and Chris went to a random florist shop on Saturday and Kim said they had these huge turtles.  So she sent a picture to Paul and told him the turtles had just been to see the dentist 😂




THS WEEK for my Public Speaking class we had to make an introduction video about ourselves and the things we love the most.  I wanted to add a photo of all of the grandchildren, but the only one I had was missing Sayre and Ben so Kate did some magic with Photoshop and created this for me 
This brings back the best of memories, and I love how "little" everyone is!  It also has me thinking that we really need to plan a family reunion.  I would love a family photo that would include all of us.  Do you think this is a possibility?  I think you could post comments at the end of this blog, so let me know what you think, and any creative ideas you might have.

SUNDAY SELFIES 💖

I think Sayre was tired -












Ben decided he wanted his napkin around his neck



SATURDAY(OR FRIDAY) SELFIES 😊





Kim, Grant, and Grant's dimples 😀







Kim and Blythe












AND IT'S KATE CONQUERING HER FEARS!

















I love our family.  You all make me so happy and make me smile (or laugh) on a daily basis.  I hope you have the best week ever!  




 

No comments: