Sunday, August 4, 2024

 HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATE!

Happy Birthday to our baby! 😁  How time flies!!  I remember her birth and my Mom telling me "it's a girl",  late-night feedings, the bunny hat (my dad loved), Grandpa called her Katy-did, modeling in Tokyo and the time she got peanut butter in her hair, shoes, Ms. Bohn (her kindergarten teacher), her friend, Missy, middle school in Okinawa, soccer (she always got angry when we would tell her to "be aggressive", shoes, high school at Air Academy and Osan, shoes, College in Utah, and Hawaii, shoes and shopping, Jonathan - and the rest is history -


Brand new baby girl, with Auntie Francie.













You have permission to celebrate the rest of the week!  Love you so, so much ~







Eilis, Hollie, and Ben came up this week for some shoe and school-supply shopping.  They are always great company, and it was fun to be out with them.  


Their school starts this week. Eilis is starting her Senior year, and is looking forward to her Robotics program, and her Film as Literature class.  
Hollie will be a Junior.  Hollie actually just found out that she was accepted into the ISSA program (International Salon and Spa Academy).  She will take cosmetology classes and receive training as part of her school curriculum.  

If anyone could rock a shirt from Italy, I knew it would be these handsome boys!

Ben and Sayre will be in 1st Grade this coming year. Ben will be starting school this week, and Sayre still has a couple of weeks of Summer before he starts.

Jake will be in 3rd grade this year and it seems he has grown up so much over the Summer.  Wish time could slow down just a little . . .

Paul just happened to stop by for a visit on the night Ji-Chan and I were going to scout out the best Gelato in town.  Of course, we took him with us!

We decided to make this a Friday night adventure and Paul said he would be more than happy to join us.  What we had this week was really good - I had chocolate/hazelnut and salted caramel - YUM!  We need to try a few more places and then we'll let you know where you can get the tastiest Gelato in Colorado Springs! 
Just in case anyone wants to know 😁


Yesterday was our day at the Temple and I'm not sure why but I just felt impressed to add everyone's name to the Prayer Roll.  Life sometimes can be so hard - and it doesn't matter if you are 6, 13, 21, or 72 years-old - there are days that can be discouraging, frustrating, sad, and depressing.  We all have them occasionally.  Thank goodness we can find strength and hope in our Savior.  
Today was Fast Sunday and I really wanted to bear my testimony, but I hesitated at the beginning of the meeting, and then it seemed as if everyone else made a mad dash for the podium so I missed my chance.  But this is what I have been feeling this week - One day I was reading in 3 Nephi about the Sacrament.  I wanted to study a little more so I typed in Sacrament in the Church App and one of the first talks that popped up was the talk by President Nelson about Spiritual Momentum.  It really only referenced the Sacrament one time, but I loved this talk where President Nelson lists 5 things that can strengthen us spiritually.  One of the items mentioned is that we should "seek and expect miracles".  So - I have been thinking about miracles and wondering if we had more faith, would we see more miracles in our lives?  I remember when Kate called to tell me she was going to have a baby.  I was so happy for her, but I wasn't surprised, because I always just knew that she would have a baby someday.  Whenever I think of Sayre, I think of him as our "Miracle" baby.  I believe that prayers given in faith can bring miracles into our lives.  Sometimes we have to wait for those miracles, and we don't always get exactly what we want but we need to know that Heavenly Father, and our Savior will bless us when the time is right.

YOU ARE MY FAVORITE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD!



No comments: