Tuesday, June 30, 2026


 It looks like everyone found a fun way to celebrate the 4th of July -Thanks so much  for all of the photos!!
 
 

It looks like Spencer started the day watching Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest.  I checked it out, and just in case you were curious, it looks like the winner ate 60 hotdogs πŸ˜– 

 Eilis went camping with some friends, and thankfully the weather cooperated - We had sunny days with just a little bit of breeze for the last couple of days.


Max and Amelia enjoyed a BBQ, and then it looks like they made it to the Stadium of Fire! πŸ”₯


Do you all remember when we were home one summer and went to the Stadium of Fire?  We saw the Flying Elvi (pronounced elv-eye) and Huey Lewis and the News. 😁 And you all know I don't do heights, and our seats were almost as high as they could go - so I left you all and a really nice stadium official let me sit on the stairs the went right on to the field.  Best seat in the house!😊

 Mike and Barbi headed down to Ramona for their 4th of July parade and festivities, and will be attending the San Diego Temple open house. 


 That is another thing I have on my want-to-do list.  When Dad retired and we spent a few days in LA with his friend Clyde, we made a day trip to San Diego, saw the Temple, sat in lounge chairs and had a Pepsi at the Hotel Del Coronado, on Coronado Island, and ate dinner in Old Town. 

 I need a few more days there to attend a Temple session, go back to the Hotel Del, tour the Midway, and visit the Mormon Battalion Historical site.  Sounds like fun, right???

 πŸ˜‚ Ok, Grant and Jordin (I am assuming that is Jordin) win 1st place for the eagle costume. Did she wear that for work? or a parade?  Super patriotic, I love it!!

Kate, Jonathan, and Sayre kept cool in their community swimming pool. 

 








And then we have our other sun worshipers, Adam and Paul. Adam, Cory, Samantha, Paul, and Jake drove to the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri for a family vacation with all of Cory's family, including Cory's sisters, husbands, and all of the kids (and Paul and Cheryl). They drove home today, and I'm guessing they are exhausted 😴. 

 Dad and I went with Melanie and Dave, and Cathy. to see Young Washington. It was so, so good! I have always loved American history, and fascinated with stories of our founding fathers, the Revolutionary War, and Civil War, their leaders, and strategies.  I may need to add another trip to my list - Virginia, Mount Vernon, Monticello, Independence Hall, Valley Forge, Gettysburg . . .😁. We finished our day with a visit to In-N-Out, and then came home and took the dogs for a walk. 

We are so blessed to live in a country where we enjoy the freedoms and liberties that many people in the world do not.  Despite all of the negative news, and the sad examples of so many of our politicians (on all sides), we do live in a place set aside by our Heavenly Father where the gospel could be restored and everyone is free to worship how they like.



   HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK!




No comments: