Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What a week...

As you all know my Dad was given an imediate evection notice from Sterling House. We received the certified letter last Saturday. I talked the folks up there to let Dad stay until Wednesday morning. I was anticipating moving him to the Pueblo VA Community Living Center Wednesday morning. Well, just as plans began to come together for tomorrow's move, I received a call from the admissions director at Pueblo today at 2:00. He told me that their doctor in reviewing Dad's charts from Sterling House, she noted his frequent diarrhea and decided he needed to have a stool sample sent to the lab and get the results back before he could move in. The test takes 72-hours and he can't move until the results are back. I left work and drove to the VA clinic, Bijou and I-25 before they closed at 3:00 to pick up a sample kit. Then I got to sit with him (3.5 hours) until he had the urge. On my way to the VA I called Sterling House to let them know and if it was in anyway possible he might be able to spend a couple more days there. They're so nice there and they said yes. Now, just pray with me that the tests come back okay and he can go down not later than Saturday. I'm just not sure how much more of this I take of this. If it wasn't for Holly and you guys I think my life would suck.

Pray for us.

Jichan

2 comments:

~Kate said...

That sounds rough! Wish I could be there to help!

www.jsayreallen.com said...

Why would it suck? Collecting stool samples from 90 year old men sounds like party time!