Sunday, April 30, 2023


HAPPY SUNDAY, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HOLLIE!     

She turned 15 years-old today and we celebrated with a gyoza dinner.  She wanted a yellow cake with buttercream frosting so I made the cake last night and she decorated it today.  She is adorable and so much fun.  She loves to cook (and is good at it).  She loves Barnes and Nobles, and Plato's Closet (Goodwill for teenagers).  She is great at doing nails, and did mine last week so they looked extra nice for Church.  And she is a super good help around the house.  Today, when they left to go home she asked me when I knew what I wanted to do when I went to college.  I told her most of the time we have ideas about things we might like to do, but often those ideas are replaced by experiences we have or new interests we develop.  Whatever you do Hollie, you will be AMAZING!  We had a really great visit and I especially  enjoyed some time outside.  


Eilis, Emma, and Ben enjoying the hammock



Today Dad and I were asked to present a 5th Sunday lesson on the Addiction Recovery Program in Woodland Park.  We left early this morning and it was such a beautiful drive.  They have a small Church building there, and a small Ward (only 4 children in Primary today), but we saw old friends and made new friends, and felt like they appreciated the message we shared.


This was our view. leaving the Church and heading home.



This is a snap of Paul that Adam just sent
Adam and Cory are soccer parents most weekends with Jake, Lily, and Paul all playing in different leagues, so they are going in evert direction on Saturdays.  The kids are all good players and I'm hoping for a weekend when our schedules coincide so we can get to one of their games.  



Adam and Paul minister to a brother in their ward who was four-wheeling over in Moab this past week and broke both wrists.  I can't even imagine how much this must have hurt, and on top of all that, he is a dentist.  As we surmised, sometimes we take for granted the small things that really mean a lot - it's hard to think about life with the use of your wrists ~







I'm looking forward to a peaceful week, working on Math, finishing my book that has taken me forever to read, and dusting (I feel that there is dust everywhere), and may even have to pull out the lawnmower.  

Some favorite photos to share 💜

Hollie's Baptism Day

Lily snitching some cake

Love these smiles

And these too!

Blythe and Paul at our very first Grammie Camp

Sammi (you are so grown up now)💖



No comments: