Sunday, April 9, 2023

Happy Easter!  I hope you all have had a wonderful week.   I think I got so caught up with General Conference last week, so many thoughts going through my mind, that I missed posting to the blog.

I really loved Elder Christopher's talk about celebrating Easter week, not just the day.  I tried to do something mindful each day that I thought might reflect the Savior's life.  It has helped me to remember His example and try to be better at reaching out to others.

I loved all of conference.  It was one of those times, where I felt there was something in every talk that I needed to hear.  If I were put on the spot and asked which of all the talks was my favorite, I would have to say the President Nelson's Sunday morning talk.  He can teach and chastise with such love!  I think this is probably how the Savior would teach us, and the things he would teach us - to love without judging, to get rid of contention, and be charitable towards everyone. 


Happy Spring Break to everyone who was able to celebrate with no school, and lots of sunshine.  I enjoyed having Hollie, Ben, and Eilis one night.  Monday morning they earned some well- deserved money by helping me put away our Christmas boxes and cleaning up downstairs.  After Lunch at Mod Pizza, we went to the Mall where Eilis and Hollie did some shopping and I watched Ben run, climb, run,  and run some more in the play area.  

Eilis came back on Thursday and she became an official Learning-to-drive-at-Liberty club member. She did great, and we topped off the afternoon with some shopping (of course!).  
I love this time of year!
LHS Driving School
Kim and Chris took Blythe and Cora to Hawaii -



I get that this photo was probably taken on Sunday, but really Chris, where is your Aloha shirt????  I have yet to see you in one so it makes me wonder where your true colors lie . . . . 

How about this one?










I think Cora has become part of the Ellsworth family.  She and Blythe have been best friends since the beginning of time.  Hopefully she will come to Colorado one of these days so she can meet the rest of her extended family. 😊



Adam, Cory, Sammi, Paul, Lily, and Jake headed eastward and visited some fun places in the Caribbean - 


Jake learned how to order a strawberry daquari with no alcohol
and apparently he knew where to find the ice cream also.



Waiting for "Jaws" 


Kate and Jonathan spent Spring Break in Iowa (Kate was in Denver part of the time).


I love this not happy face beside the "your are my 
sunshine" quote.  😁

This week is my Spring Break!  Yay!  Finished up with classes on Wednesday and don't start back until April 17th.  I'm going to clean out drawers, dust the blinds in the living room, neither which have been done in the last 5 years.  I am reading Thunderstruck by Erik Larson, and Dad just put up the hammock for me, along with the umbrella for our outside table.  The weather should cooperate so I plan to read and be lazy (and pretend I'm at the beach 😎).  I may go one afternoon and get a pedicure, and what would Spring Break be without just a little shopping. 

We had a really good Easter dinner tonight (you can see my mouth is full) and it was so nice to have everyone together.  You can tell I won the prize and am sitting at the "cool kid table".

all 13 of them! (14 if we count Cora)



    


       

      Have a wonderful week!






No comments: