Monday, September 18, 2023


It's our turn!  Kim and I are officially back to school - we had our fist day this past Monday.  Kim is taking a Family History class this term as well as a Digital Media Art (or something like that - she has only told me the name about 50 times 😕).  I am taking a class called the Dynamics of Marriage.  I think I am really going to enjoy it - our text book is called The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work, we use the Proclamation to the Family, and this past week we had to ready chapters from Elder Bednar's book, Increase in Learning.  We had to provide counsel to a couple on the principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities using a religious perspective, and a non-religious perspective (they call that being bilingual).  It is going to be a lot of writing, but I love what I am learning.  

Look who got to go fishing this week!  

And he caught a fish (or feesh as Jake would say)!!  Kevin spent all day Saturday on Lake George with Brother Welch and Bishop Ash.  He had a great time, but came home tired.  Bishop Ash has a fancy shmancy boat and a fish finder (I didn't know there was such a thing.  I think he goes fishing at least once a week, and usually tries to talk someone from the Ward into going with him.  If you haven't met Bishop Ash yet, next time you visit our Ward I will have to introduce you.  He is the best storyteller ever!

This reminds me of Jake telling his Mom how to catch a fish (feesh) 😁. I know I have posted this before, but it always makes me laugh ~






Tuesday this week was Soccer night for us.  We joined Cory, Lily, Sammi, and Jake to watch Lewis-Palmer (Paul), play against the Liberty team that Adam coaches.  Liberty won the game so Adam was happy.  Paul didn't get to play so he was sad, and rightly so.  He is a sophomore playing Varsity so of course the coach wanted the more experienced players in.  However, Paul is a super talented player, who plays with a lot of energy and control.  He was disappointed, but what a great life lesson - Don't give up on something you really love!  Keep working, and practicing, and your turn will come 💖

 


















Back to Work
I have been substituting two days a week for the Registrar at Adam's school.  It's been fun and I'm glad I can help.  It is a good reminder though, of how blessed we are as a family.  Kids come in consistently needing to talk to their counselor, some with really sad family situations.  So glad I get to start my day with this 

Things that make me smile

Last night I got caught up in my photos which is one reason why this is a day late.  It was so fun though.  Thought I would share some ~


































Such fun memories!  It makes me sad that these wonderful children have grown up so quickly.  But they all have grown into wonderful young men and women - and thankfully some are still growing.  I love you all so much!  You make me smile everyday!😁

No comments: