Sunday, September 10, 2023

September 10

 

 I loved my Primary class today.  When I got down to our room, the kids had moved their chairs over by the whiteboard and had left two chairs on the opposite side.  They told Kathy (the sister I teach with) and I that they were going to be the teachers today, and we were going to be the kids 😁.  Student take-over???

Maybe . . . But they were so excited so we told them to go ahead and be the teachers and they did such a great job.  You can tell how much they learned and remembered from their Come Follow Me at home this week.  They only needed help with a scripture reference and with spelling.  My favorite was the chart they made with Celestial as the Best, Terrestial as Good, and Telestial as OK.  









Family funnies from this week ~



Angella came over on Monday and shared hamburgers with us.  She showed us what happened when she tried to give Amos a haircut . . . Oops, it looks like one foot might be smaller than the other 😂.  Poor Amos!  It's good that our dogs and kids are so forgiving -












Blythe was taking a test in her history class and the teacher had told the kids that when they were done with their test they could use their phones.  So  - Blythe finished her test, put in her air pods, and proceeded to entertain(?) her class with Jingle Bell Rock(yes, she is already listening to Christmas music), because her air pods had not connected to her phone so the music was playing for everyone else to hear 😂.  This reminded me of our trip to London, and while we were waiting to get into the airbnb, she entertained us with song AND dance!


Grant brought this home from, I'm not sure where, but Kim says it's his new ride 😂. 

So this reminds me of the Summer he came to Colorado and spent time with me at School while I was finishing up the semester.  He loved the vacuum cleaner that attached to your back, driving my car in the Liberty parking lot, painting our old fence, and I actually have a video of him practicing with a wheel chair he found upstairs in the lobby -



There is never a dull moment -

 
This cute girl scored the first goal of the game on Saturday!  Way to go Lily!




 





Jake also scored during his game Saturday morning! 


Go PAUL!  Go LHS!

This Tuesday evening Paul will be playing against Adam's team - Lewis-Palmer vs. Liberty.  Who will I be cheering for?  BOTH!  😎




Ben learned how to ride his bike without training wheels this week with the help of big sister, Hollie.  Ben is so blessed to have such sweet and patient sisters!


Sayer and family made a trip to then nearby apple orchard a couple of weeks ago.  Remember when we lived in Spokane and every year we go to Green Bluff and pick the most delicious apples? and have apple cider?  Kate says they have the best apple cider doughnuts which I had never heard of before but sounds really good!


And by the way, both Kate and Jonathan were home with Covid this week! 😩



Last Thoughts

This past week in our Addiction Recovery class, we talked a little about how we sometimes live our lives in fear instead of relying on faith.  That thought has stayed with me throughout the week.  Because I am probably the best "worry-wart" ever (I got it from my Dad), I realize that I don't use my faith enough to get through those challenges that can take you by surprise.  This is my mission for the week - to walk in faith and trust in the Savior's Atonement and not worry so much about things that I can't control.












No comments: