Monday, November 6, 2023

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,  EILIS!
She turned 17 on November 2nd and her smile brings me so much joy. Eilis is incredibly creative, which is a trait she definitely didn't inherit from me. She has been actively involved in her school's Robotics team and this year, she has been teaching herself how to play the guitar and piano. What I admire most about her is her perseverance. She listens, practices, and then practices some more. Her progress has been remarkable, and her attitude is amazing. I love you so much, Eilis! The kids had a blast with the color glow candles from Nothing Bundt Cakes. And of course, Eilis mentioned she was going to take them to her Science teacher today.





One of my favorite photos of this cute girl 💖






Soccer is finally over for this soccer family 😕.  Hoping to win but wanting the season to be over . . .  Adam's team of Liberty Lancer's made it to the quarter-finals but lost on Saturday to end the season.  

Adam is an amazing coach and a great example to these young kids.  Lily is playing indoor soccer which starts in another month, so they won't get too much of a break - this sounds a lot like someone else I know.  Someone who used to sign himself up for a sport, after we told him we would think about it 😀



AND THANK YOU!   To every one of you who texted, called, prayed for, and came over this week.  You made me feel loved!  💜.  It was fun to have Kate here - she kept Dad in line, and me in bed 😊.  She cooked, cleaned, ran errands, downloaded Taylor Swift, and helped me escape from the hospital.  I am so glad she got to spend some time with her good friend Katie (friends since high school days).  


And thanks to Jonathan and Sayre for sharing her with us.  Kate said Jonathan was playing in a concert on Friday, so he took Sayre with him, and he was good the whole time with his iPad.  









Also, I love this homework page that Sayre did - 
(I'm assuming it is homework) Anyway - he's my kind of guy!




Just for Josh - I am posting a photo of me sleeping.  My leg is sore, but each day I have been able to walk a little further.  I don't feel much like eating, but Dad has made me some great Orange Juliuses, and we got the best grapes ever from Costco.  The Relief Society brought in a Pork Tenderloin this evening that tasted good (and Sendai will concur because she got some when we weren't looking).  I have my first post- opp appointment with the doctor next Thursday and I am looking forward to leaving behind the walker and T.E.D. hose.  

Odds and Ends

Kim sent me this gem this week.  Remember the days of our Toyota Van?  Remember the wind would just push it into any lane?  
Hollie has been taking photos for her school - for their activities and special events.  We may have another budding photographer in the family - 




Kim has also been sending me Sunday Selfies, which is a great idea.  If anyone else wants to participate, I would love to post your photos ~












Also, Just ran across this tonight!

Missing cute Grant and our Grammie-Camp days !











Hope you all have a wonderful week - and take pictures - and send them to me 😁



No comments: