Sunday, November 26, 2023

 HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO KATE & JONATHAN!  Nov 20

Kate and Jonathan celebrated 19 years this past Monday!












We love you and appreciate all that you do for us!


Happy Thanksgiving 

From Chicago - 

Chris, Kim, Grant, and Blythe had a quiet and stress-free Thanksgiving.  I think that means that didn't have a lot of company 😊.  Sadly, Spencer had to work, and I know he was missed!

















From Iowa - 
Kate and Jonathan invited friends over, one
who was a vegetarian, so Kate made extra 
dishes and their friends brought extra dishes, 
so they had a ton of leftovers.

The day after Thanksgiving they went to the
Tannenbaum Forest Festival which is held
every year at the Amana Colonies.  

















From Colorado Springs -

Angella and the kids celebrated at home
while Josh was in Wisconsin.  Angella did
amazing and she and Eilis are now inspired
to set aside time each week to do more
cooking together.  If you look closely, you see
Ben's little hand trying to sneak something - 
maybe the glass of juice? 😋

Dad, Sendai, and I went to Monument this 
year.  We had a wonderful, and very relaxing
day, delicious food, and great company!















They taught me how to play Cover Your Assets, and hmmmmmm - I wonder who won??? Hmmmmmm, I wonder who beat Paul? 😂


Thursday night Angella brought the kids up to spend the night and then they put all of our Christmas decorations for us on Friday.  They did a great job!  Even Ben carried boxes up and down the stairs for me.  Hollie got the ornaments on the tree and hung the outdoor wreaths and bells on the little tree.  Eilis was a little under the weather so we just assigned her the starfish for the top of the tree - the rest of us were too short.  Ben brought the small tree from downstairs and had a great time decorating it - even got the lights on it.  





















JUST 5 MORE DAYS - (BUT WHO'S COUNTING?)
Max will be flying into Chicago this Friday.  It doesn't seem possible to me that he has been gone for two years.  Can anyone else believe how quickly time has gone by? (and I finally just learned how to upload his Google photos ).  













I love so much the concept of "Light the World"!  There are so many good things we can do each day that will help us focus less on our own struggles, and give more attention to those in need.  I am working on a list for my Primary class and thought I would challenge you also this week to - 

Call someone you miss

Learn to say “Merry Christmas” in a new language

Carry an extra snack for someone in need

Plan some one-on-one time with a loved one

Let a stranger go ahead of you in line

Be patient with waitstaff and customer service. 


Let me know how it goes 😊

No comments: