Sunday, June 2, 2024

 HAPPY JUNE . . . if you can believe it's already here!  I love summer so I am a happy girl ~ Even though I don't have much showing on my calendar for this past week, I feel like we were busy - I did have a lot of school work, housework, errands, and a primary lesson to prepare.  

We are in the midst of putting artificial turf in our backyard, so poor Sendai has been pretty much been confined to the house.  We have taken her for many walks, but she is NOT a happy girl.  

My speech for class this week was supposed to be informative, so I did one on travel hacks and tips for summer vacations.  I had fun preparing and thinking about some of the trips we took - Remember, trips to Salt Lake to see Grandma and Grandpa?  or the trip to California when Kate got sick? and the trip to Eugene Oregon when Kim got sick?  And we can never forget all of the flights back and forth across the Pacific, and last but not least, the infamous camping trip.  While some of our vacations may have been more successful than others, I count the minutes and hours that we spent together as treasures.  


Max was brave holding Jake on our family camping adventure.  I don't think he had a clean face the whole time we were there 😁








Remember our trip to Lake Tahoe? The paddle boats, and late-night Hearts games with Papa?



I'm not sure where we are going in this photo, but we are going in style πŸ˜€






Adam and Grammie at a family reunion where I don't think we knew anyone 😊



Kate and I took a trip from Spokane to California with Grammie and Papa.  We stopped along the Oregon Coast so Kate could dip her toes in the Pacific Ocean.  (We were actually moving Yokota Air Base, Japan, and I left Kevin in Spokane with Kim, Josh, and Adam, to pack and clean the house.) This was a different kind of family trip and one of the most relaxing times I can remember πŸ˜€


And what's a family trip to Marysville with a stop at Casa Carlos?  Fun that we had Grandma and Grandpa with us, as well as Zack (I think my Mom must be taking the photo).

Such fun family memories.  I wish cell phones had been invented a little earlier and we would have much more, and much better photos.


FAMILY HAPPENINGS ~

Cory and Adam celebrated their 20th wedding anniversary last week!


    Congratulations! 

We love you so muchπŸ’–




















Chris and Max are finally home from their Vietnam trip.  They were able to spend a couple of days with Julia and Clint in Seoul and then stopped in Salt Lake for Phil's wedding.  It was so thoughtful of them to visit the gravesites of Meredith, and Grandma and Grandpa while they were there.  They are home tonight in Park Ridge, and I'm sure sound asleep 😌

We got to see Ben and Hollie this weekend.  They came and stayed with Sendai while we were at the Temple yesterday.  Today Ben said he needed some "quiet time" in the hammock and probably spent  about 30 minutes just resting.  Hollie is going to be a YCL at Girls Camp next week so she had a meeting tonight and while she was gone, Eilis came.  Eilis, Hollie, and Emma are such great sisters to Ben.  He is one lucky little guy to be so loved!  Hollie also got to spend a day in Manitou Springs last week with some friends.  I think everyone is enjoying their summer vacation so far.

THIS IS THE PHOTO that really made me smile this week ~
Sammi just finished some wings and, if you look closely, she has sauce on her face, forehead, and hands.  She has the best smile ever, so they must have been delicious  πŸ˜‚.





Sayer still has a couple more days of school and then he will be an official first-grader.  We are so excited to see him next week!

SOCCER, SOCCER, SOCCER . . .That's the name of the game for Paul, Lily, and Jake.



Lily after her hat trick (three goals in a game) - Way to go Lily!!! ⚽⚽⚽



Paul and his teammates buzzed and bleached their hair at their soccer tournament last week πŸ˜€

Jake finished up his soccer season and has been busy with Activity Days.





Take a look at this bridge he built - 




I can't forget my good friend, Milo!  Sammi took him to the groomers last week and brought him home with a mohawk πŸ˜‚
Love these two little guys ~

SUNDAY THOUGHTS ~

I love this thought from President Nelson and wanted to share it with you. Let's do it!


I am soon approaching my 100th birthday. One of the places where the Savior used the number 100 in the scriptures was the parable of the lost sheep. Though 99 of his flock were safely by his side, the shepherd went in search of the 1 who was lost.
At age 99, I have no need of physical gifts. But one spiritual offering that would brighten my life is for each of us to reach out to “the one” in our lives who may be feeling lost or alone.
Over the coming months I invite you to consider prayerfully: who do you know who may be discouraged? Who might you need to reconcile with or ask for forgiveness? Has one name been on your mind lately, though you haven’t quite known why? As you bring these questions to the Lord, He will inspire you to know how you can reach out and lift one who needs help.
What a beautiful example the Savior has shown us – that through each of us ministering to just one within our reach, we can spread the love of Jesus Christ throughout the world. #99plus1






No comments: