![]() |
Saying good-by to July, we also said good-by to some hot, HOT days, and some monsoon afternoons. However, back are a scattering of dandelions (😈) and a few other obnoxious weeds I can't wait to be rid of.
FEATURED this week is Uncle Mike 🌟🌟🌟
Mike is a self-taught musician, who I think, began teaching himself hymns from our church song book while he was on his mission. He says it is a challenge for him to read music while trying to play at the same time so he taught himself to play by ear, and though I haven't had the opportunity it hear him play, he has established himself as a star pianist in the Marysville Ward.
![]() |
![]() |
I'll expect a concert the next time you are in town ❤ 😃
![]() |
Max said while they were in the Temple this week, a Temple worker told them they were "glowing". Of course, they were glowing - they are so happy, they love each other so much, they have fun together, and make everyone around them happy! We are so excited to see you in just a few short days ~
KATE AND SAYRE have been here this week, and we have had such a fun time together. Friday, we went to the new visitors center at the Air Force Academy - the views of the surrounding mountains and valleys are beautiful, and Sayre was able to pick up a couple of souvenirs to take home with him.
![]() |
![]() |
Santa's Workshop at the North Pole was our adventure yesterday. We met Angella and Ben there, and I think all of us had a great time. The weather was perfect and we definitely got all of our steps in for the walking we did. Sayre's favorite ride was the tilt-a-whirl, and Ben loved the cars and the train. Sayre says he is coming back next year so we can go again! Yay!!!
![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
I got my first-ever bite of a funnel cake - YUM!
And then went downstairs for some Minecraft time.
IT WILL BE ELDER HOPKINS NOW FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS ~
![]() |
PICTURES OF THE WEEK -
![]() |
What your face looks like after you have gone backpacking for several miles, only to end up in the rain, and then a quick decision to return home. 😁
![]() |
What your face looks like when you are taking a break on the soccer field - making plans for your next move 😆
What your face looks like when you own the world 😎
MY FAVORITE SCRIPTURE
Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.
I love the phrase, "a perfect brightness of hope". We noticed today how many fires are currently spread across the United States, and even the world. Can you believe parts of Spokane are having to evacuate, as well as in Logan, and Fillmore, Utah. Typhoons and flooding, and the shooting in Boise (at an In-N-Out of all places). I could be easy to become overwhelmed by what we see everyday in our lives, and I love this advice from Elder Holland. This is one of my favorite messages - Don't give up, there are good things to come. ❤
















No comments:
Post a Comment