Sunday, October 15, 2023


 Did anyone else feel like this over the last 7 days? 😊 I think we had so much going on this week that we just let events overtake our lives.  We moved Shannon on Wednesday, so we had to sort through her room, pack clothes and odds and ends, decide what furniture we would need to get out of storage, and then hope that she would be happy with it all.  I am also helping out at Timberview MS and it is October Count time, so I was trying to get ready for that, and then it is also the end of the quarter and teachers are supposed to post their grades by tomorrow so we can then post them to the transcripts.  Cathy came Wednesday evening,  Oh yeah, and then I also had my school work to finish.  One reason I think this week was more difficult than normal is because I started with a sleep deficit, and then just kept adding to it.  I am learning that I can't stay up until the wee hours of the morning, and then think I can function without getting grouchy the next day (sorry Kevin).   I know I am not the only one in the family who had a hectic and trying week!  I hope we can all re-evaluate where we are and what we can do to bring peace into our hearts.  

    On a side note - did you know that some stress can actually be good for you.  This Ted Talk was an assignment we had to watch in one of my classes and I thought it was really interesting.  It isn't very long, so take a minute to watch it.


Who is ready for Halloween?   It is one of my favorite holidays and I love that these kids are already in the mood -

 
Paul and I think this might be his friend Ava are "udderly" cute as cows 😁

And Kate made Sayre an "Olimar" costume.  I love it and obviously, Sayre does too!





Hollie spent Friday night with us and Saturday Emma came over for dinner,  We decided to forgo cooking and cleaning and instead, went to Kneaders.  Couldn't ask for better company, and I actually splurged and got the last pumpkin chocolate chip cookie (it's the best thing about fall)   YUM! 
🍪




Seems that someone else I know had a stressful day this week ~

Milo decided to dig under their fence one night, got out, but then couldn't get back in 😢.  The next morning, when Cory opened the garage door he ran in and Adam said went straight into their bathroom and stood in front of the shower.  He was so cold and traumatized that all he wanted was a warm shower! Poor little friend . . . He probably won't be pulling those shenanigans again for a while.

A couple more thoughts -

    * Chris' mom, Meredith is moving down to Orem so she will be closer to kids and grandkids.  His father, Phil, has been ill, so please keep them in your prayers.

    *What started out as a very scarry week for Francie and Ray, seemed to get better by the day. I'm sure fasting and prayers were instrumental in the outcome.  The mass on Ray's liver is not cancerous and he was able to have surgery this week for the colon cancer.  I will keep you updated -

Don't forget tomorrow is Papa's birthday, so everyone please feel free to have a bowl of ice cream in his honor.🍨


Lastly, this is a photo of Shannon in her new room.  Everytime we have been to visit her, she has been happy.  We picked her up for Church this morning and she chattered all the way there - just happy thoughts that I couldn't quite piece together, but still happy.  I got a wreath for her front door and apparently everyone there loves her wreath.  She has made a friend who lives next door, Sherry, and they eat their meals together.  I am so happy that she is happy!
If anyone has the time to stop by for a visit, I am sure she would love it.  







No comments: