Sunday, October 1, 2023


 What a great General Conference! I loved Elder Bednar's talk yesterday morning about being in the last wagon and how important our efforts of service are, even if they seem small and inconsequential.  I also really enjoyed Elder Godoy's message and his missionary example. He came to Colorado Springs many years ago with Elder Holland when we were getting a new Stake President.  I think it was his first assignment as a General Authority and he is such a humble leader.  Of course, President Nelson's counsel to "think celestial"is amazing.  So many ways we can make our lives better, and as individuals and families draw closer to the Savior.  Lots of great things to think about!  And finally, a Temple in Colorado Springs.  What a wonderful blessing that will be!  I think Elder Renlund's talk is good to keep in mind also - that we don't take our blessings for granted -  especially when we get our Temple. Sometimes on slow days at the Temple I would wonder where and what those "Denverites"were doing that they weren't at the there doing baptisms, or going on endowment sessions.  I am praying that Kate and Jonathan will soon get a Temple closer that Nauvoo.  Thinking back when we lived in Logan, even though the Temple was just across the street from where we lived, it was hard to get there because we had two little ones and it was difficult to find a babysitter.  I know there are times and seasons in our lives when Temple attendance is difficult, and I know Heavenly Father understands that too.  But, go when you can!  I think our souls need to feel the peace of the Temple especially when life gets crazy.

Speaking of temples . . . Mike called this week to let us know we could make reservations at the Feather River Temple. We are so excited to go and will be leaving on Oct. 17, coming back on the 24th.  We made reservations for an endowment session Wednesday afternoon, and then will go back in the evening to do some Sealings with Mike.  Friday evening we have a reservation to do Initiatory work.  We plan to visit the cemetery one day, and on Saturday we are going down to Modesto to see Francie and Ray.  

Fun Family Notes - 


Angella got a promotion at her work where she is now responsible for training, and will also be at a different location.  Way to go Angella!







Kevin caught a fish, again!  This time it was bigger and better 😁

He has also been busy finishing up our bathroom. Saturday he got new light fixtures up, and we went to Lowes and found medicine cabinets and towel racks that we really liked. A small piece broke on his table saw but should be here on Monday so he can repair that and then get started on the beadboard.  Yay!


Ben, Hollie and Eilis dropped by Friday night for a few minutes - just long enough for Ben to set up the trains.  He loves trains!  Eilis spent the night with us and then stayed at the house while Kevin and I went to a wedding in Woodland Park Saturday afternoon for couple who come to our Addiction Recover program.  




I love it when grandkids (or even just the kids) drop by!  💗

Kate, Jonathan, and Sayre visited their pumpkin patch over the weekend and it looks like they had a great time!





This morning I took Sendai for a walk, and when I wasn't paying attention, she snatched a baby squirrel that was on the ground and she wouldn't let it go 😕.  I finally got her to drop it and it looked like to was still alive so I dragged her away and we finished just a short walk.  On the way home I wanted to check on it, so when we walked down the sidewalk, I could see it had gone out into the street and the Magpies were getting pretty close.  I shooed away the Magpies and called Dad and he came to the rescue with a box. When we walked back to the tree where Sendai first saw the squirrel, there was another one curled up in a little ball, so Dad got that one in the box also.  They are so small, and I really wanted to leave them by the tree for their mother, but I know the Magpies would have no mercy on them.  

This little one attached himself to Dad's sock and he scooted him under the car for safety from the birds.








It would be nice if this was the end of the story, but this evening we went out for another walk, and here comes another baby squirrel that ran right up to Sendai before I could move her away.  I'm not sure that one survived, and I am totally traumatized for the rest of the night! and maybe tomorrow too!  I'm going to call the wildlife people tomorrow and see if they will rescue the ones we have in a box (outside in the backyard where Sendai can't get to them).

Also, BIG news - We signed a contract to place Shannon in a memory care facility on Friday.  We will probably start moving her over this week, depending on what furniture we will need to provide for her.  I know it will probably be a difficult transition for her so please keep her in your prayers.  

Jake dropped by to see me this week on "picture day".  I love he had his "jermaica" clothes on 😊.  He made a "crunch" sandwich, which consisted of two fun size crunch bars with two small peanut butter cups in the middle. 😂





Dog photo of the week ~

Samantha gave Milo a pillow and stuffed toy to sleep with.  What a life!


No comments: