Sunday, January 7, 2024

What a great way to start the new year!  Jake will be turning 8 years old on January 11th and will be baptized on the 13th. He brings so much joy into our lives and we are so happy and excited for him!

I am so happy that our course of study this year is the Book of Mormon.  President Nelson has said, "When I think of the Book of Mormon I think of the word power.  The truths of the Book of Mormon have the power to heal, comfort, restore, succor, strengthen, console, and cheer our souls.  I promise that as you prayerfully study the Book of Mormon every day, you will make better decisions every day.  I promise that as you daily immerse yourself in the Book of Mormon you can be immunized against the evils of the day and I promise that as you ponder what you study the window of Heaven will open and you will receive answers to your own questions and directions for your own life."

I do love the Book of Mormon and have a testimony of its truthfulness. I almost always read in the morning as I find it a great way to start my day. It helps me to be more mindful of promptings from the Holy Ghost, what I hope to accomplish, and who I can serve.  

Also, I love my new Primary class - Ryker, Charlie, Eve, Raven, Olie, and Tyler (our little Down Syndrome sweetie).  They are the 5-turning-6 year-olds - I think my favorite age.  Primary really is the best!

THIS IS WHAT MAKES OUR FAMILY FUN! 😁

Dad and I have been going through boxes downstairs that are full of all photos, school projects, letters, emails etc., and I found a couple of gems I wanted to share today.

I found a form that Adam created for, my best guess would be, a scout or Mutual activity.  The title was Developing Self-confidence.

ACTIVITY I WOULD LIKE TO TRY:  Skitching (hanging on the back of a car while they drive).

WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN:  (a) kill myself, (b) break a bone.

BEST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN:    (Blank)

I WILL TRY THIS ACTIVITY:  Yes

I have never heard of sketching before, and Adam did you really do this??? 

When Spencer was just tiny, Kim and Chris took him to California to meet Grammie and Papa.  I found this email from my Mom - She always wrote the best letters/emails.

"Hi - we are feeling a little alone this afternoon. Our little visitor left us this morning.  He is so little and cute!! I got his FIRST smile this morning - He really did smile at me.  We had a nice time while they were here.  Spencer was fussy on Friday, but Saturday and Sunday he was fine and so good.  We went to Church yesterday.  He was so good during Sacrament meeting - He didn't peep once.  It is 105 here today and that is expected for the rest of the week.  We stayed in nearly all the time Kim was here.  A trip to Longs and to Church - and it was good just to be home.  We tried to weigh Spencer and the closest we came was seven and a half pounds.  I told Kim we should take him over to the Holiday Market and with him on the banana scale! He kept Kim up quite a bit the first couple of nights, but she had a good night Saturday, a nap Sunday, and slept well last night so she felt good this morning.  Chris made French toast for us this morning, and it was so good he will have to do it every time he comes.  Friday, Chris and I made jam.  A batch each of peach, marionberry, and strawberry.  We had it on our French toast this morning and it was delicious."






I am so grateful that my Mom and Dad could know many of their great-grandchildren, and sad for those they missed.  Thank goodness for eternal families.  I know they are watching over us!


This is Kate and Jonathan's front door - decorated by Sayre and his Magna-tiles.  According to Kate, their door is aluminum so hold the magnets well. 😀


Chris dropped Max off at BYU this week.  It is hard to let go when the kids are ready to be on their own.  I know Max will do great and we are so excited that he will be here for Jake's baptism!  While they were in Utah they spent the night with Ruthie and Ken, and Max was able to use his Vietnamese with Zack.








This is what happens when Ji-Chan is cooking and one of the girls calls (sorry boys) - Oops, a very charred grilled cheese sandwich 😝



Lastly, it is soooo good to finally be feeling better!  I went to Urgent Care last week and the doctor prescribed an antibiotic which has really cleared up the cough and I have been able to sleep well.  So many blessings to getting a good night's rest and letting your body heal.  😴

Eilis, Hollie, and Ben were with us this week while Angella was at a conference in Utah.  I was well taken care of by Ji-Chan, and the girls and Ben helped us "undecorate" the house and get Christmas back downstairs ready to put away.  Ben was cute - always wanting to help me come back up the stairs.  It was good to get out with them also - of course, Chick-fil-a, Goodwill, Target, Wendy's, walked the dogs, and shoveled some snow.  Thanks for being such great helpers!

   LOVE TO YOU ALL!  APPARENTLY, WE ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE WEATHER IN COLORADO TOMORROW, SO PLEASE STAY SAFE!  KATE, EXTRA PRAYERS FOR YOU THAT IT WILL PASS YOU BY ~. 💖



No comments: