Sunday, December 31, 2023


 It has been a wonderful Christmas Season, and I have especially loved all of the grandchildren's (and children's) visits, and Facetime calls. I always have mixed feelings when it is time to take down the tree and put Christmas away, but then I love beginning a new year with plans to improve in so many ways.  I love to know there is hope in change and Heavenly Father is always there to cheer us on.  I saw this quote from President Nelson and wanted to pass it on - 

"I'm sure many of you are setting aside time today to write down your resolutions for the coming year.  May I make a few suggestions?

First, resolve to strengthen your spiritual foundation.  This may involve setting a specific time and place to study the scriptures, praying more often, making temple worship a bigger priority, and letting God prevail in all aspects of your life.

Second, resolve to be kind to others.  When the Savior Jesus Christ visited the Americas, as recorded in the Book of Mormon, one of the first things He taught was the need to eliminate contention in our lives. So, please be compassionate, be understanding, be slow to judge, and be quick to forgive.

Third, resolve to be resolute.  The Lord loves effort.  The Lord loves consistency.  The Lord loved steadfastness. While we surely will come up short from time to time, our persistent efforts to hear Him and follow the inspiration He gives us will help us to "wax strong in the Spirit" (Mosiah 18:24)

May God bless you my dear friends, and may this be a wonderful year of purpose and possibilities for all of us."  President Russell M. Nelson


Before I say goodbye completely to Christmas 2023, I wanted to share some family photos from this past week -


Sayre got a Chemistry set 😁

A new Stanley

Watch our Monument! Jake got a dirt bike!

A new game for Ben

I think Shannon enjoyed being
with the family

Dad opening up the towel warmer

A well-deserved family walk

So this is how I closed out the year - with a speeding ticket!

Yes, I was taking Lily to breakfast Thursday morning and was in a hurry so she would have time to eat before her soccer game, and, yes, I was speeding so I totally deserved the ticket.  The very worst thing is I have to go to traffic court next month (but Sammi told me not to worry it's not that bad 😊).   A very good lesson for all of us - Don't speed.  I have been thinking that if I had been more organized that morning, we would have been able to leave on time, and wouldn't have felt the need to hurry.  (yes, a new resolution for 2024)


Speaking of Samantha - we had arranged a shopping date on Saturday for her Christmas gift (we weren't able to go before Christmas), but I just haven't been able to shake this left-over cough and stuffy nose, so I asked if we could reschedule.  We set a time for this coming week, BUT she still came down when she got off work, "so she could take care of us"!  She pumped my gas, ran in and picked up the pizza, brought us ice, watched TV with us, and made me laugh with her hilarious stories.  She wore the cutest dress to Church today and helped in my Primary class where we had 5 visitors - a total of 11 seven-year-olds!

Story #1.   I noticed that Sammi had a cap for her stanley straw and I thought that was such a great idea.  She said she found it on Amazon.  Then she told me the reason she got the cap - She had seen too many videos on TikTok of spiders getting into drinking straws, and definitely no one would want that surprise! 😂


Story #2.   She tells it so nonchalantly . . . "Grammie, there is a creepy guy at my work so I always carry a knife in my pocket".    So besides being beautiful, funny, and smart, don't cross the line with her!!! 😁



Watch out world!  These cute girls just got their driver's license this week ~

love the hair curler 😃



How we love our furry friends! 🐶


Gracie got a new bed for Christmas - a pineapple squishmello dog bed!  She looks like she's a little bit in Heaven 😀

I hope you all have a wonderful New Year's Week!  I appreciate so much all of your prayers and phone calls to check on us.  Thank you Kim and Chris for adding our names to the Temple prayer roll, and Adam for helping Dad give me a blessing.  I have felt the effects and am so grateful for the love and support we share as a family.  💖

In closing - one more thought from Elder Uchtdorf - 



Oh - and really one last thought - guess who was soaking up the sun in Hawaii this week?

What's not right about this picture???  We're not there!!! 😀

No comments: