Sunday, September 29, 2024

 My BYU class is well underway this term and has kept me super busy but I love it!  I am taking a higher-level course, Family and Child Advocacy, and will be learning how to advocate for families and children and hopefully help them make changes in their lives for the better.  I don't have any aspirations of becoming a counselor or family therapist, but I do love what I am learning and hope you don't mind if I share some of my thoughts with you.  One of the things I love about taking classes through BYU is that you get to see "both sides of the story" so to speak - perspectives from professors at BYU and perspectives from educators who are not of our faith - and how these can work together.  This coming week we will be reading from a book called The Righteous Mind by Jonathan Haidt and discuss how and why politics, religion, and current social issues can be so divisive.  It should be an interesting week! 😃   

 Yay! This week we got to see Sammi 💗.  She needed some help putting air in her tires and JiChan was only too happy to lend a hand.  We don't get to see her too often so it was fun to visit with her.  She just got a job working at Lifetime Fitness and has been busy with house and pet-sitting.  

  Even though Josh used to beg me to read the Harry Potter Books years ago, I just never really developed an affinity for them.  I enjoyed the first book, but didn't get beyond that.  I think I probably just don't have a good enough imagination for that genre  - BUT look who does . . .

Jonathan and Kate read to Sayre every night before bed and Kate was excited this week when they started Harry Potter that he loves them.

I am always looking for a good book to read so maybe I should give them another try -


Paul texted us on Friday and wanted to go with us to get some Gelato - We could never turn down Gelato (and we could never turn down Paul 😁). We love the little place we found not too far from our house, and the people who work there are so nice to us (probably because we have been there so often).  My favorite is a small cone with a scoop of chocolate (sometimes they have a Nutella chocolate if it's not gone before we get there) and then a small scoop of salted caramel on top.  YUM!!!  If you are not familiar with Gelato, it is creamier than ice cream but made with less sugar, and if there is anyone out there that would like to join us for a trip to the Gelato shop just let me know - our treat!

Thanks so much for the Sunday Selfies!

 
       💖

 







I just wish I could see everyone every day 

RECIPE FOR THE WEEK
  Can there really be anything better than peanut butter???  I found a recipe for peanut butter energy balls last week and they are so good - satisfies the sweet tooth without refined sugar - so I wanted to share the recipe.
 2 cups old-fashioned oats
 1 cup natural peanut butter (I like the crunchy kind)
 1/2 cup honey
 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
you can also add flax seed, cinnamon, dark chocolate, etc.
Mix everything together in a medium-sized bowl Roll the mixture into 1-tablespoon-size balls, arrange in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and refrigerate until firm. Using parchment paper helps make cleanup a breeze! When the balls are firm, place them in a resealable container in the refrigerator. Once they are cold, it’s fine to layer them on top of each other.

TO MAKE YOU SMILE 😄
I love going through the videos and especially watching the ones when the kids were little - have fun with these -




I hope you all have a wonderful week and be aware of all the blessings we have and how the Savior gives us strength to get through the tough days.  I love this thought from President Nelson - "the Lord will bless you with miracles if you believe in Him, “doubting nothing.” Do the spiritual work to seek miracles. Prayerfully ask God to help you exercise that kind of faith. I promise that you can experience for yourself that Jesus Christ “giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.” Few things will accelerate your spiritual momentum more than realizing the Lord is helping you to move a mountain in your life".













No comments: