Sunday, September 8, 2024

 I love that President Nelson will be 100 years old tomorrow!  I love his sense of humor, his wisdom, his counsel, and his testimony of the Book of Mormon.  It is a testimony to me that he became our Prophet just two years before we were hit with the Covid epidemic.  Over these two years, he implemented the the Come Follow Me program that emphasized home-centered gospel learning.  I think my favorite counsel from President Nelson is that we need to be better at showing kindness to everyone.  

Thinking about this week, I didn't have to look far to find some great acts of kindness by all of you ~

 Jake fed a little puppy at Lily's soccer game yesterday.

 Grant has been cooking up some great dishes Kim said - coming home from work and not having to worry about what you are going to fix for dinner is such a wonderful kindness. (Although I think he could use a new apron 😁

 Eilis made a trip up yesterday while we were at the Temple to check on Sendai for us.  She then came back a little later and fed her.  She also stopped by after work one day and joined us for taco rice. Thanks so much Eilis!




Getting old is not fun!  Cory and Lily helped to pull me up a steep, rocky hill at the dog park on Monday. What you don't see is Adam is behind pushing me - it takes a village 😆 Thanks for your kindness!

 I love the kindness these girls show towards each other and the way they take such good care of Ben.

 And I can truly say that Spencer is one of the kindest people I know.  We don't get to see him often enough, but when we do he is always so thoughtful 💖 

 Blythe is also kind to everyone.  One night on our trip this summer, her friend Cora was ill, so Blythe spent the night pushing the water, meds, and anything else that might help her feel better.  

 Sammi and Paul are always stopping by to check on us - Sammi with an elixir in hand, and Paul with amazing hugs! We love and appreciate your kindness so much ~

 



You can tell I needed a lot of help at the dog park this week.  Jake helped me cross over the creek on a small log bridge - thankfully it was short 😊 


I could go on and on about the kindness I have seen in each and every one of you.  Thanks so much for being the amazing people that you are!  You inspire me to be better every day 💕

 DON'T WE JUST LOVE OUR DOGS!!!!!


Case in point . . . I asked Kim to send me a dog photo and she sent me three 😂. Gracie is such a character and a true "mama's girl".  She loves her pillows and blankets and is always ready to eat. 


 Amos just makes me smile!  He is just like a huge puppy - loves to play and eat. His tail goes a million miles a minute so sometimes I have to move anything glass out of his way.  




Poor Clementine has been forced to wear a cone this week.  She has sensitive paws that sometimes become irritated and then she licks them which only makes them worse.  She is so sweet and it makes me sad to see her miserable. 

 If Gracie is a "mama's girl" then Milo is definitely a "dad's girl".  He loves Adam.  He is so cute and such a good friend to Sendai.  Sendai followed him all around the dog park on Monday. 


 

Sendai has always been so resistant to getting her feet wet so at the dog park she kept skirting around the creek.  However with encouragement from Jake and Lily, a little push here and there, she finally made the plunge and decided cooling off in water was not such a bad thing after all. 


The peach season is just about over and I think I will be making the last of the peach cobblers this week.  I ordered a box from my friend at Church who gets them from a fund-raising program in Palisades.  I found I could freeze them which was great because I couldn't use them up fast enough.  You can slice the peaches up, mix them with a little lemon juice, and lay them in one layer on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.  Put
them in the freezer and once they are frozen you can put them in a large baggie - use a straw to suck the air out of the bag and then put them back in the freezer until you are ready to use them.  


Kim's recipe for the best peach cobbler -


Noteworthy achievements from this week - 



Adam sent me a Sunday Selfie - Thank you!! If you think Jake and Lily are looking older, it's because they are growing up so quickly ~

Also, Adam's soccer team is doing great. They tied their first game in Denver, won their game last week, and this week they will play Discovery Canyon Campus.  


Kate and Jonathan made it through a busy week while getting over the effects of Covid.  The educational system, whether University level, high school, middle, or elementary can be frustrating.  But thank you all who work to make it better!  

Kate was able to hang some of her art this week, and one frustrating day she put this sign on her door 😁




Kim bought a pair of pants this week!

You go girl!!







Have a wonderful, wonderful week, and remember how loved you are.  We pray for all of you everyday ~




No comments: