Sunday, September 22, 2024

 We are so sad to say goodbye to our Gracie girl today.  Affectionately known as Janet, or sometimes, the professor, in the Ellsworth family, she will definitely be missed!  Losing a pet is so hard - they really become part of the family and worm their way right into our hearts.  I'm sure she is teaming up with Claiborne, Bailey, and Alley now and they are sharing all kinds of family secrets 😀
 Extra thoughts and prayers for the Ellsworth family this week.  

  Max traveled back to his mission area in California this weekend so he could attend the Temple with a sister from the Vietnamese Branch who was going through for the first time.  It is so great when you can love and appreciate people of a different culture and recognize their goodness, humility, and faithfulness, even when times are hard. He and Lyndsay (who is adorable - I can tell by the photos Max sends) continue to enjoy Provo in the Fall. So far I think I've heard - long walks, hiking, long talks, Costco pizza, and studying in the library.   Also, Max just started a new job this week at Lululemon.  










We feel so blessed to see grandchildren often!  Paul came by on Thursday and had lunch with us.  I love when they drop in to check on us.💖  His homecoming dance was this weekend and he went with his good friend Maren ~












I didn't get to see Hollie this week but I did get to talk with her and I love it that they all have our phone numbers and will call or text during the week.  Hollie is enjoying her cosmetology class and she said next semester they will learn how to give perms.  
That reminded me so much of when Kate was little and I got brave one day and gave her a perm because her hair was so fine and straight.  I loved the curls!
Fun Jake stories this week ~ 
 The normal version of a smore is roasted marshmallows, Hershey's milk chocolate candy bar and graham crackers on the top and bottom.

 Jakes version is roasted marshmallows and Hershey's milk chocolate candy bar on the top and bottom 😁.     

We got to spend a day with Jake this week because he wasn't feeling well.  So fun to have around, even when he's not 100% life is still exciting!

I was able to go to the Family History Center this week and do some research into Helen's family.  Mike loves genealogy so when I told him what I am doing he jumped at the chance to help me.  We have found that some of her brothers and sisters need to have sealings done, and one brother died when he was just 13 from meningitis and he needs to have a baptism completed before the other ordinances can be done.  It is fascinating to me to read the old obituaries and notes that have been added to Family Search.  Hollie found some old family photos in a storage unit they were clearing out so hopefully we will get back to the Family History Center this week and get them scanned.  

Kevin and I will be flying the friendly skies next month to see Francie for her birthday and spend a few days with Mike and Barbi.  Hopefully, Ruthie can come for Francie's birthday and then we can all be together - I think the last time we did that we met in Napa, and that seems like ages ago.  We are hoping to take Helen's family names to the Feather River Temple where Mike will be able to help with the sealings.

Love you all so very much and want you to know we pray for each of you every day💕







No comments: