Sunday, December 17, 2023



I know this has been a week of ups and downs for everyone in the family.  Kim, Chris, and family, flew to Salt Lake for Meredith's funeral.  It was a sad time, but there is such comfort in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Chris gave a wonderful talk, using a parable from a talk given in Oct 2000 General Conference by President Oaks - 

The gospel of Jesus Christ is a plan that shows us how to become what our Heavenly Father desires us to become.
A parable illustrates this understanding. A wealthy father knew that if he were to bestow his wealth upon a child who had not yet developed the needed wisdom and stature, the inheritance would probably be wasted. The father said to his child:
“All that I have I desire to give you—not only my wealth, but also my position and standing among men. That which I have I can easily give you, but that which I am you must obtain for yourself. You will qualify for your inheritance by learning what I have learned and by living as I have lived. I will give you the laws and principles by which I have acquired my wisdom and stature. Follow my example, mastering as I have mastered, and you will become as I am, and all that I have will be yours.”

Most of us experience some measure of what the scriptures call “the furnace of affliction” (Isa. 48:101 Ne. 20:10). Some are submerged in service to a disadvantaged family member. Others suffer the death of a loved one or the loss or postponement of a righteous goal like marriage or childbearing. Still others struggle with personal impairments or with feelings of rejection, inadequacy, or depression. Through the justice and mercy of a loving Father in Heaven, the refinement and sanctification possible through such experiences can help us achieve what God desires us to become.

During the past week some of us have been challenged by school, work, and illness. This talk is a great reminder to me of how we face our challenges and disappointments is how we will become more like our Savior.




Meredith is near Grandma and Grandpa












A little reply from last week -  Adam
 says Jake is going to be either

A DOCTOR

A BUTCHER

OR A SERIAL KILLER


      I think Kim added TAXIDERMIST to the list 😂










Adding a little sunshine to my week were some handsome grandsons - Got to spend time with Paul at his soccer game, and talked with Spencer, Grant, and Max. . . and I just heard through the grapevine that Jake will be baptized on January 13th!


LOVE THESE GUYS💙













The Monument Hopkins have a new addition to their family and her name is Stevie - short for Stephanie from Madame Secretary 😀. She was an early Christmas present for Samantha - though Adam says Jake has had a hard time leaving her alone, and Milo just wants to play with her, but she is super small.  Merry Christmas Sammi!!!



One of my favorite photos I just found 😁









Kim just sent me this photo of Blythe

Blythe in my Gold and Green Ball gown.  I saw a picture of this dress in a Seventeen Magazine and fell in love with it.  Francie found a store in Sacramento that had one so went drove down and picked it up.  My aunt arthell had a hoop skirt that went underneath it so it really did look l like a "Scarlet Ohara" dress 😊




     Does anyone else dream about being in the Sun, on a Beach, with the Trade Winds blowing???  Or maybe just in the Sun, next to a Swimming Pool?

Wow! And it isn't officially Winter until Thursday 😢 Does this sound like whining?  OK, I'm done - thanks for letting me vent 😀  

Please send me photos of your Christmas trees for next week's blog.  I would love to see your decorations!

        HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK!

No comments: