Sunday, December 10, 2023













SO SAD WE LOST OUR DEAR FRIEND MEREDITH THIS WEEK 😢

Meredith has suffered from Alzheimer's Disease for the last several years, so for her, I'm sure it was a wonderful release from a worn-out body, but for those she left behind, we will miss her.

We have so many fond memories of Meredith from the first time we met the family at Grandma and Grandpa's house to a fun get-together at their home in Magna.  I will always remember this because Meredith made this wonderful stew - recipe below.  Phil and Meredith are a perfect match, both so kind and gentle.  And Meredith loved to talk - and she had some great stories.  I loved the time they came to visit us when we lived in Hawaii, and they went for a drive around the Island.  When they got to North Shore, Phil noticed a car stopped on the side of the road, and because both he and Meredith always tried to help anyone in need, Phil got out of the car to see if he could lend a hand, and walked into the middle of a drug deal. OOPS!!  Glad they made it home alive!

The photo above was taken when we visited them while they were living in Bountiful.  The disease was in it's beginning stages and Meredith didn't want to let Phil out of her sight.  We went to Freddy's for hamburgers (because that was one of her favorite places to go) and  reminisced about that trip to Hawaii. 

Of all the lives Meredith touched while on the Earth, I think her greatest legacy are her children.  They are all amazing and when you are with them, you feel like you have been best friends forever.  We love the Ellsworth family, and our thoughts are with them this week.  Meredith's funeral will be next Friday.

Meredith's Stew Recipe

Ingredients - Stew Meat, Potatoes, Carrots, 2 Cans Golden Mushroom Soup, 1pkg Lipton Onion Soup Mix, 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup, 1 Can Water

Flour and brown stew meat - add remaining ingredients, cook in crockpot high setting, 4 hours.

(Kim would call this a "salt fest" but it really is good😊).  Thank you, Meredith 💕

This week started off busy with doctor (Kevin), and dental and PT appointments.  

Wednesday, I went ministering to two of our sisters.  I absolutely love my ministering companion, Jennifer.  She is a little younger than me and has been a nurse all of her life. One of our sisters asked how I was feeling and I mentioned I was actually feeling really well, except I was having a hard time sleeping. So Jennifer piped up and said, "Oh, I have exactly what you need!"  So she opened her purse and pulled out a bottle of pills and proceeded to pour out five into her hand.  Then she asked the sister we were visiting if she might have a baggie she could put the pills in.  There we were, dealing drugs on a ministering visit. 

Yikes!  I have to say that when I got home I had a virtual appointment with my doctor and she actually prescribed the same medicine for me.


Another great drug-related story from this week - Grant and Max flew out to Utah to be with Chris, and this is how Max took some Creatine powder through Security - 


TSA, It's creatine, don't worry




Dad and I both woke up on Thursday not feeling well.  He tested positive for Covid and I just have a couph and stuffy nose.  Dad was able to get a prescription for Paxlovid so we are hoping that will speed up the healing process. 

Cory had a rough day yesterday, also not feeling well.  Adam was gone, and Samantha was so sweet to call and see what she could do for her mom.  I do have the best grandchildren ever!!!

Jonathan also had a week or two of not feeling well - tonsil-related.   It is no fun to be sick ever, but this time of year is especially hard! 😦

I guess we can all look forward to feeling better!

OTHER FAMILY NEWS TO SHARE ~

Emma got a new car!  (Someone ran into her and the insurance company totaled her other car)

Eilis participated in a robotics meet on Saturday.  Thank you Eilis, for remembering to send me a photo!💜


Sayre's school had a Literacy Night this week.  Kate said he was so happy because he got to wear his pajamas to school.😁


THIS NEXT SECTION IS R-RATED!!!!!

Adam went duck hunting and apparently, he was successful -



I have no words ~

ON A MORE GENTLE NOTE ~

We have a new Apostle, Elder Kearon
Elder Kearon gave a wonderful talk in General Conference in April 2022.  If you remember he followed Elder Holland in that session.  If you have time today, please listen to or watch both of these talks.  They are amazing!

I love you all so much and hope you will recognize the hand of the Lord in your lives this week.

Also, don't forget to. . .  

No comments: