Sunday, December 24, 2023

Not quite sure where this year has gone, or even this week, for that matter, but here we are today, celebrating Christmas Eve.  We had a really nice program at Church and then stopped to visit with Shannon for a few minutes on the way home.  I love when Christmas Eve is on Sunday so we can focus on the Savior, and not have to worry about shopping or gift wrapping. This afternoon I watched the Chosen Christmas episode, which is a wonderful story that alternates between the birth of the Savior and Mary's letters to Luke regarding her experiences at the time of His birth.  

After a quick lunch, I finally got to some baking that has been on my "to do" list for the last couple of weeks.  I felt like I needed to wait until we had all of the Covid bugs out of the house, and we do, just still can't quite shake the cough.  I made some cranberry bread, and we took it to people in the Ward we minister to and to our next-door neighbor.  I added to my kitchen mess by making my favorite sugar cookies.  I have a recipe I got from my "Home Economics" class in 8th grade, and after all these years, it is still the best (lots of butter πŸ˜€).  I haven't made them for several years, but thought the kids might have fun decorating some tomorrow.  It has been nice to have a quiet day and reflect on this past year, and looking forward to doing better, and being better in the days, weeks, and months to come.

NORTH LIBERTY, IA

Sayre is so excited for Santa to come tonight he was doing cartwheels when Kate called.  Here he is all decked out in his new pajamas, robe, and slippers.


Jonathan's dad, Don, is visiting this week, so yesterday they went to the National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium.  Sayre was telling me all about getting to touch a Stingray!











MONUMENT, CO

Adam and Cory had their annual gingerbread house-making contest tonight - It seems to me that every year it gets a little more elaborate!  Love the pajamas, and so happy to see Katie back for a few days πŸ’œ







HAPPY BIRTHDAY this week to MAX, BLYTHE, AND ME πŸ˜€

Remember when they were this size????  I miss having the "littles" around but then I see what great young adults they have become and it makes me so, so happy!!! πŸ’–


GOT TO SPEND A FEW DAYS with Eilis, Hollie, and Ben this week.  They are fun and helpful - Ben swept the floor, and was always concerned when I was coming up the stairs.  He always wanted to help me.  The girls cooked, and took the dogs for a walk.  We made it to Barnes and Noble twice, 5-Below, Old Navy, The Dollar Tree,  Chick-fil-A, and McDonalds. Ben and I also played lots of Sorry, and Bingo πŸ˜€.  The day we went to 5-Below, Ben found an old mask in the car and insisted on wearing it in the store - He was funny but determined and wore it the entire time we were shopping.  He also went around the house one day with one of his Dad's favorite hats on -

The girls had fun raiding the closet downstairs where I have a stash of clothes that I need to figure out what to do with.  Some things were outdated but now back in style, and some things are too small and not sure if I will ever be able to wear again.  Hollie found a couple of sweaters that she liked and they look cute on her.  


PLEASE NO JUDGING😊!  While I recuperating from the hip surgery I might have got just a little bit hooked on Project Runway.  So I know some of the contestants can be a little bizarre, but I really love to see how they can create clothing by making up their own patterns, and sometimes they don't even use patterns.  Anyway, Eilis found an old skirt of mine that she liked and wanted to know if she could alter it so it would fit her.  I showed her the basics of my machine and left her on her own, and I couldn't believe what a great job she did - so she was my Project Runway girl for the week!


We also got to see EMMA today.  She has been so busy with work and finishing up her semester with all A's, we haven't seen much of her.  She stopped by with flowers. a candle, and cupcake this afternoon - luckiest Grammie ever!
She also got to celebrate two work parties this month - one at Cheyenne Mountain Country Club, and the other at the Broadmore -


AND THEN THERE WAS PAUL . . .

YIKES!!!

 QUOTES OF THE WEEK

#1 - Paul and I were checking out at Target and he turned and said to me, "The best place to meet girls is at Target because they are all here shopping for things they don't need." (Paul Hopkins)

#2 - Sayre and Kate were in the car, and Kate said the sky looked pretty ominous when Sayre piped up and said, "It looks like an ortado coming."(Sayre Allen)

Love you all so much!  Merry Christmas tomorrow and be sure to take lots of photos for me.  πŸ’•

No comments: